(Please pardon the rather grainy photos. Our kitchen does not get good natural light!)
My baking cupboard has always been reasonably organized, but it needed some help.
Those green-lidded containers have been around for more than 13 years, and the tops were cracked on at least half of them. Not very effective for ingredients staying fresh. Plus, the few non-baking things residing in the cupboard were bugging me a bit.
I had been slowly collecting containers, thinking I would reorganize after painting our cabinets & walls, redoing the floor & countertops… Then I decided it might be better to take the opposite approach: Organize first, and then perhaps I would be more motivated to do the not-so-fun stuff.
So I pulled out my containers, purchased a few others, put my Silhouette to work, and ended up with this:
The layout didn’t change a whole lot, but having uniform containers and minimal stacking (and labels!) has made a huge difference in the cupboard being functional and staying neat.
Here’s the skinny on the storage:
8/25/11: Updated with new labels (and white doors) here.